Electricity meters in the Counties Power area are now being replaced with smart meters. When this replacement programme is completed, towards the end of 2016, the Counties Power network will be a smart network.
It will take some time for full communications to be established, so that you can enjoy all the benefits of having a smart meter. Once the smart network is established, and depending on your electricity retailer, you can expect:
- Your meters to be read remotely and so you will no longer receive estimated power accounts.
- You will have more information about your power use so you can make choices about things like saving money, enjoying greater comfort or helping the environment.
- Network visibility will be increased, enabling faults to be found and fixed faster.
- Engineers will have better system data to guide capital works and maintenance choices.
- In the event of a natural disaster power can be directed to essential services.
- New 'greener', electricity options will emerge.