If you are putting in solar panels, wind generation or any kind of small scale power generation and want to apply to feed power back into the grid, just apply to connect Distributed Generation . Your application will be acknowledged within 2 days and it can take up to thirty days for it to be considered. If your distributed generation system capacity is up to 10 kW and is a pre-approve inverter your application will be processed even quicker - within 10 business days.
- Counties Power does not currently have export congestion zones on its network.
- Your application to connect a distributed generation device will be acknowledged within two days.
- It can take up to thirty days for your application to be considered.
- If your distributed generation system capacity is up to 10 kW and is a pre-approved inverter your application will be processed even quicker - within ten business days.
- Once approved, you will have one year to install your generator. The installation is not complete until it has been through all inspection phases.
- More detail is available in our information packs for distributed generation up to 10 kW or over 10 kW and the Distributed generation requirements policy.
- A PDF copy of the up to 10kW DG1 application forms can be found here
- A PDF copy of the over 10kW DG2 application forms can be found here
- Request a connection
- Building wiring
- Distributed generation
- Electrical inspections
- Energy retailers
- Private service lines
- Capital contribution
- Tips and frequently asked questions