Updated: 2 April 2020
Counties Power’s priority is and has always been the safety of our team and our community.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation unfolds our team is closely monitoring updates, assessing the best course of action to ensure the continued safety of our community and to keep your power flowing. We have a pandemic plan in place to ensure essential power services are maintained.
We are now working on essential services, which is limited to safety and power outages only.
All planned work, site visits and meter inspections have been cancelled for the next four weeks, until the 22nd April. Further cancellations may follow based on any revised Government directives and will be updated on this page.
Thanks for your understanding as we keep our crews and our community safe.
What we are doing to protect you and our team:
- Our office is closed to the public but you can still call us on 0800 100 202, check out our website and get our app to report an outage and to stay up-to-date if the power goes out. Type app.countiespower.com now in your smartphone internet browser.
- Our crews will keep a 2m distance and will be taking extra safety precautions when working on sites. Tell us the issue over the phone or on the app so we can limit personal contact. You must advise us if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are feeling unwell so additional safety measures can be made.
- All office-based employees are now working from home with fault crews working on essential services and outages only at this time.
- All planned shutdowns have been cancelled.
- We are taking preventative measures to keep us all safe. We're taking extra precautions with additional cleaning and disinfecting across all areas of our business and our equipment and vehicles. Our staff will be wearing additional personal protection equipment.
Please help keep our people safe and your power flowing. Please do not approach our people working in the community:
- Please call us instead on 0800 100 202 and we will help you over the phone. You can also check our app for faults – download the app now by typing app.countiespower.com in your smartphone internet browser.
If your power is out -
- If you require one of our team to attend your site - please advise us immediately and BEFORE our crews arrive if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or feel unwell so they can take preventative measures.
- If you log a fault online using the app, please include this information in the comments field so that one of the team can call you prior to attending.
For helplines please contact:
- Healthline New Zealand 0800 611 116.
- Healthline's dedicated COVID-19 number 0800 358 5453.
Further information about COVID-19 can be found on the following sites:
- WHO – World Health Organisation www.who.int
- MOH – Ministry of Health www.health.govt.nz
- NZ Government COVID-19 - covid19.govt.nz
Thank you for your support in keeping our community safe, the power flowing and our health services operational.
The Team at Counties Power