Updated: 31 August 2020
Counties Power’s priority is and has always been the safety of our team and our community.
As the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation unfolds our team is closely monitoring updates, assessing the best course of action to ensure the continued safety of our community and to keep your power flowing. We have a pandemic plan in place to ensure essential power services are maintained.
As we move forward, we will be continuing with our work, which may be challenging for some of our community, but necessary. As an essential service provider it is critical that we continue to carry out our works programme to provide safe and reliable power to our community.
As one of the largest employers in the area, and a major user of local contractors, small businesses and of local suppliers, it is imperative we also continue our works programme to keep our community working and the local economy going. The cost on our community by discontinuing our work programme would simply be too high along with leading to ongoing effects on the reliability of the power supply.We need to get on with the job for our community, our employees, our local businesses and our local economy.
our crews are continuing to work at level 3 safety protocols even in Level 2. Our crews will be working in their bubbles. Our reception is open from 8am - 4pm and office-based employees are working from home. Please call us on 0800 100 202 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your understanding as we keep our crews and our community safe.
More information on planned shutdowns can be found at www.countiespower.com/shutdowns.
What we are doing to protect you and our team:
- Our crews will keep a 2m distance and will be taking extra safety precautions when working on sites.
- We are still taking Level 3 preventative measures to keep us all safe. We're taking extra precautions with additional cleaning and disinfecting across all areas of our business and our equipment and vehicles.
- You can call us on 0800 100 202 or check our app for faults – download the app now by typing app.countiespower.com in your smartphone internet browser.
If your power is out -
- If you require one of our team to attend your site - please advise us immediately and BEFORE our crews arrive if you feel unwell so they can take preventative measures. Please keep a 2m distance from our crews.
- If you log a fault online using the app, please include this information in the comments field so that one of the team can call you prior to attending.
For helplines please contact:
- Healthline New Zealand 0800 611 116.
- Healthline's dedicated COVID-19 number 0800 358 5453.
Further information about COVID-19 can be found on the following sites:
- WHO – World Health Organisation www.who.int
- MOH – Ministry of Health www.health.govt.nz
- NZ Government COVID-19 - covid19.govt.nz
Thank you for your support in keeping our community safe, the power flowing and our health services operational.
The Team at Counties Power