Digital terms and conditions
Counties power outage app terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your access to and use of Counties Power Limited’s (Counties Power) mobile outage app (App). By installing or using this App you accept these terms and conditions.
USE AND AVAILABILITY
1. You may only use this App for personal use.
2. Counties Power does not guarantee the operation of this App will be continuous, complete or error free. Counties Power may modify this App, or cancel or suspend the availability of this App, at any time.
3. Use of the information and data contained on this App is at your sole risk. While Counties Power has taken reasonable care in preparing the information and data contained on this App it is provided on an "as is, as available" basis without warranty of any kind. You should note that information and data contained on this App may not necessarily apply in your particular circumstances.
4. Counties Power may choose not to provide outage information on the App for any reason. In particular, Counties Power may withhold information for safety or privacy reasons.
LINKS TO OTHER APPS OR SITES
5. Counties Power is not responsible for the information or content of any other app or any website that is linked to or accessed by this App. Counties Power does not provide any endorsement, approval, representation or warranty about any products or services that are offered by the owners of other apps or websites.
7. Counties Power may collect and use technical data and related information, including technical information about your mobile device, system and application software, and peripherals, to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you related to the App. Counties Power may use this information to improve the App or its services or to provide additional services to you.
8. If you agree, Counties Power may collect your location information in the App and use this information to allow you to view the outages near your location.
9. Counties Power, or its licensors, owns all copyright in all material on this App. The brands appearing on this App are trademarks of Counties Power or its owners. Counties Power reserves all rights in such material. You must not reproduce any content on this App without first obtaining Counties Power’s written permission.
10. You must not copy, reproduce, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, sublicense, distribute, display or use for any other purpose this App or other intellectual property or attempt, or authorise or permit any other person to do so.
11. Counties Power can change these terms and conditions from time to time on not fewer than 14 days' notice by notifying you through this App. If you do not want to be bound by the amended terms and conditions, you should uninstall this App before the changes take effect.
13. In addition to providing services to you, you agree that we may use your information for the purpose of providing you with promotional material on our other services and special offers by email or other promotional means.
14. Counties Power, its agents, officers and employees:
(a) make no representations, express or implied, about the accuracy of the information and data contained on this App;
(b) make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of information and data contained on this App for a particular purpose;
(c) make no warranties, express or implied, that information or data contained on this App is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination; and
(d) to the maximum extent permitted by law, will not be liable to you for any damages, losses (including, without limitation loss of profits, business or data), costs or expenses of any kind, which arise out of, or result from, any use of, or inability to use, this App, including any damages, losses (as described above) or costs that may result from use of information or data contained on this App or any reliance placed on that information or data.
15. This App is governed by, and is to be interpreted in accordance with, New Zealand law. Any disputes between us will be resolved by the New Zealand courts. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for the compliance of this App or the information contained in it with the laws of any other country. You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against all damages, costs, losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits) and expenses of any kind, whether direct or indirect, which arise from or in connection with your access or use of this App, whether in tort, contract, equity or otherwise.
16. In an emergency, please contact our 24 hour electricity emergency line 0800 100 202.
17. For other queries, contact us by phone on 09 237 0300, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Counties Power Limited, Private Bag 4, Pukekohe 2340, New Zealand.
The Draw (Counties Power Christmas Lights, Trains at Night - Family Pass) is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are completely released from any liability to any entrant to the Draw. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Draw will not be directed to Facebook or Twitter but to the Promoter at email@example.com.